Friday 7 March 2014

window dressing


 ....making for the home has been something that has been on hold for far too long than I care to remember. Considering how much I make in the studio, a token cushion or something for the wall is about as adventurous as I have been for the last 18 months.  So during February I set myself the challenge of finally making the cafe curtain for our little breakfast room.  The window that needed dressing was not looking out onto anything picturesque, just our neighbour's brick wall and a fence.  I wanted to make something that was sheer enough to let light in during the day as the room can be dark at times.  Equally it needed to be pretty on an evening too when the lamps or candles are lit.
I had a little look around The Linen Garden and packed myself a little box of lace and crochet and flowers and every evening I tucked myself away in a corner for an hour or a half..... little stitches here and there until it was finally finished.....so here it is by day and by night...a length of cotton lawn and a few 'cut flowers' from the garden.....so if you fancy making a cafe curtain yourself pop over to the shop for a few floral pretties to decorate the edging.....








6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and practical!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Liz - it suits our thirties semi detached really well - a mix of the arts and crafts and fifties floral fabulousness ;) xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Your curtain is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just unbelievable! Such detail and beauty. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Lotta xxxxxx

      Delete